If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|“The tracking ability and the concentration of data make privacy advocates nervous.”|
|Happy Birthday, Parking Meter|
|Auto Buds: Identical Cars Parked Next to Each Other|
|Nissan gives silent electric cars 'Blade Runner' appeal|
|“Civilisation is a movement, and not a condition, a voyage and not a harbour.”|
|“Lighter, more affordable, personal rapid transit: self-driving bikes.”|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|“If you really want to save the planet, you should die.”|
|“A company headquartered in Toronto runs a successful affordable mobile phone service in the US.”|
|Somebody Needs to Build a New Facebook Stat|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|Bizarre Record Covers|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|“Artificial intelligence can detect your sexuality and politics just by looking at your face.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|