If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|“Think Siri for cars but way smarter.”|
|"There are more electric-car charging points in Japan than there are gas stations."|
|Roads Capable of Harnessing Solar Energy|
|How NOT to Make a U-Turn in Naples|
|"Making curved cars wasn't an entirely novel idea — it had just largely gone out of fashion."|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|Flying into Pape station. #ttc|
|Fall is Coming|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|Bird Shit Advertising|
|“When Life Gives You Lemons.”|
|Revolution Islam Hacked|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|“Rejuvenation is Finally an Industry.”|
|Go the Fuck to Sleep: A Children's Bedtime Book|
|Pat the Zombie: A Cruel Adult Spoof of 'Pat the Bunny'|