Here's what made top news on our site during 2011. Amusingly, very little had at to do with world events I'd consider somewhat more important.
10. First World Pains.
9. Woman Injured Having Sex on Business Trip Wants Workers Compensation.
8. Steve Jobs Wasn't Great; He Wasn't Even Close.
7. Throne Up: The Royal Wedding Sick Bag.
6. Girl's Facebook Status: "Im so sick of boys being such dicks".
5. Euthanasia Roller Coaster.
4. Watch Out for Cold Calling Scammers from Online PC Care.
3. Go the Fuck to Sleep: A Children's Bedtime Book.
2. The Exorcist Parody Dirt Devil Commercial.
And the top news item for 2011 was:
|The Grim Factoids|
|This Is Me, Right Now|
|Happy Birthday, CON.CA|
|“A man-powered machine that creates scarfs in 5 minutes.”|
|Fake Name Generator|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|“If I’m upset with Facebook, what’s the equivalent product I can go sign up for?”|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|“Research that could engineer dinosaurs back into existence within the next five to 10 years.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|What Computers See When They Watch a Movie|
|“The only thing worse than assuming that carbon removal will save the day is assuming it will save the day.”|
|“In comparison to the waste produced by every other kind of electricity production, that quantity is close to zero.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|